a little bit about me:
01. My last name is a tricky one, it's pronounced gate-zell, but I'll respond to anything at this point!
02. My first photo I ever took was of a temple reflected in a muddy puddle in Greece on my Dad's point and shoot camera. I've been hooked ever since.
03. I was a History and French major at the University of Texas Austin (hook 'em!) My love for history has greatly impacted my desire to preserve all my couples' and families 'memories for generations to come.
04. I won my first photography award in 9th grade for creating a small documentary and photo series to be used by Austin Tourism, my video played at the airport for a short time!
05. I'm originally from Austin, Texas but moved to Dallas August of 2018. I'm on the hunt for best breakfast taco and margaritas, so if you have any suggestions, send 'em my way!
says y'all a lot!
my thoughts on weddings and photography:
I am obsessed with weddings– the intimacy, the celebrations, the cake. I love it all. However, I firmly believe that at the core of all weddings should be the love shared between my couples. It is your day and it should be treated as such. If you want a huge wedding with a party lasting until 2am, let's do it. If you want an intimate elopement with just you and your partner, let's do it. I will have your back throughout this entire process. Not only am I your photographer, I am your cheerleader.
FIRST: I want you to feel like a rockstar in front of the camera, I want you to feel confident, beautiful and at ease– no matter how awkward you might think you are. I want all my portrait sessions to be FUN! Bring some beers, have a picnic, include your dogs, let's jam to some music.
SECOND: I operate on a 60% candid, 40% posed formula. So I'm all for a little direction– I'll find the best light, highlight your perfect angles, tell you what to do with your hands! But I'm not about those stiff, robotic poses. I love movement and genuine interactions. On the wedding day I want to be a fly on the wall whenever I can (a very tall, clumsy fly).
THIRD: I want my edits to be timeless. I want your gorgeous skin tones to be accurate and greens to look lush and not grey. In 20 years I want your images to still be hanging proudly on your walls or in albums on your coffee table.
we're probably a good fit if:
01. You're planning for an awesome marriage and not just a wedding.
02. You love meaningful connections and genuine relationships.
03. You love wine nights, board games, and movie marathons.